ARL installs 110KW solar power system
- ARL achieved another landmark by commissioning a 110kw on-grid Solar Power System at the Attock Group’s in-house facility in Morgah.
- It comprises of 440 panels of 250 watts each which is capable of producing more than 180,000 kWh per annum.
Tube wells: Senator suggests shift to solar energy
- The senate standing committee urged the authorities to shift Balochistan’s tube wells to solar energy.
- Local banks will start easy loan schemes to facilitate the farmers in running their tube wells on solar energy.
Dubai: The new engaging world in solar energy
- The 200 MW Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park is being built at a very low tariff of 5.84 cents/kWh with First Solar modules by ACWA Power.
- The project is a landmark for the region and has ignited a lot of discussion around the cost competitiveness of utility-scale solar PV in the region.
NEPRA announces new Solar upfront tariff for next year (http://www.nepra.org.pk/tariff_upfront.htm)
- NEPRA announced new upfront solar tariff of US 11.35 to11.53 cents/kWh for North (Punjab and KPK) and 10.72 to 10.89 cents/kWh for South (Sindh and Balochistan) for projects ranging between 1-100 MW.
- NEPRA initiated proceedings for determination of new upfront tariff for solar power plants after declining solar PV prices.
Danish companies keen to invest in green energy projects in Pakistan
- Pakistan has a huge potential for renewable energy and Denmark has long been a pioneer, especially in wind energy. The Danish companies are global leaders in green energy and energy efficiency.
- Denmark has state-of-the-art technology in renewable energies, particularly in wind and Pakistan would get benefits from the experiences of the Danish in this regards.
Decrepit transmission lines major challenge to Wind power projects
- Weak and obsolete electricity transmission system is a major challenge to the upcoming wind power projects across the wind corridor in district Thatta of Sindh.
- Limited capacity of the transmission lines is becoming an obstacle in delivery of the fuller potential of wind power in the national grid particularly during the summer when power is needed the most.
Sapphire’s 52.8MW Wind power project achieves COD ahead of time
- Sapphire Wind Power Company’s (SWPCL) 52.8 MW wind power plant has attained commercial operation (COD) in a record time of only 14 months.
- Hydrochina, a Chinese EPC contractor using 33×1.6 MW GE wind turbines constructed the power plant.
Prime Minister opens fully solar-powered ”Green Parliament” project
- Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif launched the fully solar-powered Green Parliament project, making the parliament building world’s first-ever equipped with such facility.
- The 1.8 MW has been completed under a grant provided by China as an alternative source of energy to meet electricity needs of the Parliament House.
ADB to shift 5,000 schools in Punjab to solar system
- Chief minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif welcome the decision of Asian Development Bank for shifting 5000 schools to solar in Punjab, whereas Punjab government is also shifting 5000 schools on solar from its own resources. In this way, a total of ten thousand schools will be shifted to the solar in the province.
Micro lending to boost off grid solar solutions: Liam Grealish, Program Manager, Lighting Pakistan, IFC
- The programme is designed to catalyze the market for quality off-grid solar devices in Pakistan.
- IFC is assisting young, growing off-grid solar product manufacturers to develop business in the Pakistan solar market.
Chief Minister sees wind energy potential in South Punjab
- · There are vast opportunities of generating power using wind energy in South Punjab.
- · The agreement signed between the Punjab government and Denmark, Danish company Vestas would set up four wind power plants of 250 megawatts each in Rajanpur.
Chinese companies keen to initiate wind projects in Pakistan
- Two Chinese companies namely Sinosure and Norinco International have expressed their interest to initiate wind power projects in Pakistan.
SBP Governor inaugurates environment friendly building
- State Bank of Pakistan Governor inaugurated an environmental friendly building, the BRR Tower at I.I Chundrigar Road, the building is self sufficient in generating electricity through windmills and solar panels.
- BRR Tower is constructed on a 2000 square yards land. It has two wind turbines with installed capacity of 15 KV and solar panels which can generate 3 KV of electricity.
Government urged to utilize renewable energy potential
- · Speaking at the concluding ceremony of the exhibition and fifth International Exhibition and Conference arranged by Renewable and Alternative Energy Association of Pakistan, the speakers urged the government to utilize renewable energy(RE) potential that could easily add thousands of MW electricity into the national grid.
- · Pakistan has over 40,000MW of generating potential only in Karachi-Keti Bandar wind corridor.
- Possibility of importing 1200MW hydel power from Tajikistan to be explored
- · Pakistan has agreed to explore the possibility of importing 1000-1200MW of electricity from Tajikistan.
- · Under the project, Tajikistan will export 1000MW hydel electricity to Pakistan by 2018 through a 750km transmission line at an estimated cost of $1160 million.