MAQ International has been providing equipment, services and solutions to the Energy, Power, and Oil & Gas industries for 25+ years. Our local industry experience, coupled with the expertise of our partners ensures service that is reliable, timely and efficient.
If you are interested in, or require further detail regarding any of the links below, do contact us.
· Hub Power Company (Hubco) is in advanced stages of developing 1320 megawatts coal-fired power plant at an estimated cost of $2.4 billion.
· The facility would have two units of 660MW each, using imported coal as fuel and ancillary jetty for coal transportation near the existing Hub plant.
· Lucky cement limited will set up 660MW imported coal based generation facility at Deh Ghangario, Bin Qasim Town.
· The entire electric output will be sold to the National Transmission and Despatch Company(NTDC) and NTDC will be responsible for the construction of the infrastructure and transmission line.
· The secretary for water and power has inaugurated an addition of 270MW of electricity to the national grid from Guddu Thermal Power Plant.
· The Government has also decided to utilize and rehabilitate existing power plant.
· Construction of two power plants by Qatar would go a long way in reducing Pakistan’s energy problems.
· The Ambassador said Qatar was giving priority to Pakistan for promoting trade and economic relations.
Oil & Gas
· Mari Petroleum Company Limited have made significant crude oil discovery in the Mianwali district of Punjab.
· The already discovered reservoirs lockhart/hangu/lumshiwal, were tested at Halini Deep-1 well and produce 1,125 barrels of crude oil per day and 1.09million cubic standard feet per day (MMSCFD) gas resulting in additional production from Halini oilfield.
· Mari petroleum company limited(MPCL) is going to increase its production by around 150-200 million standard cubic feet per day(mmscfd) for government’s allocation.
· MPCL gas field at Dharaki would at least have 112 hydrocarbon wells producing about 650 mmscfd gas to cater the fuel requirement of industrial giants like Engro Fertilizers, Fauji Fertilizers, Fatima Fertilizers, Guddu Power Plant and Water and Power Development Authority.
· Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Resources has allocated 200MMCFD Re-gasified Liquid Natural Gas (RLNG) at $7 per MMBTU to Punjab-based textile industry.
· The availability of RLNG would bring down the production cost and enable the Punjab-based mills to compete against both domestic and international regions.
· The federal minister while briefing in the senate standing committee has allocated 100mmcfd to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for power generation.
· Two Chinese companies namely Sinosure and Norinco International have expressed their interest to initiate wind power projects in Pakistan.
· State Bank of Pakistan Governor inaugurated an environmental friendly building, the BRR Tower at I.I Chundrigar Road, the building is self sufficient in generating electricity through windmills and solar panels.
· BRR Tower is constructed on a 2000 square yards land. It has two wind turbines with installed capacity of 15 KV and solar panels which can generate 3 KV of electricity.
· Speaking at the concluding ceremony of the exhibition and fifth International Exhibition and Conference arranged by Renewable and Alternative Energy Association of Pakistan, the speakers urged the government to utilize renewable energy(RE) potential that could easily add thousands of MW electricity into the national grid.
· Pakistan has over 40,000MW of generating potential only in Karachi-Keti Bandar wind corridor.
· Pakistan has agreed to explore the possibility of importing 1000-1200MW of electricity from Tajikistan.
· Under the project, Tajikistan will export 1000MW hydel electricity to Pakistan by 2018 through a 750km transmission line at an estimated cost of $1160 million.
Business & Others