MAQ International has been providing equipment, services and solutions to the Energy, Power, and Oil & Gas industries for 25+ years. Our local industry experience, coupled with the expertise of our partners ensures service that is reliable, timely and efficient.
If you are interested in, or require further detail regarding any of the links below, do contact us.
· The Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) has decided to set up regasified LNG (RLNG) based power projects of 100-250MW with a combined capacity of 1,000MW through competitive private investment.
· Against the existing installed capacity of 18,477MW, WAPDA has estimated the country’s need to enhance generation capacity by over 13000MW in coming years.
· There are 31 IPPs working in Pakistan with total investment of $7 billion. The exiting deficit of power stands at over 6,000MW.
· There will be bidding for 5 to 6 LNG based power plants of 1000MW which will have 200MW electricity generation capacity each.
· The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government has approved a proposal to restructure the Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organization (Pedo) and form the KP Power Company Limited (KPPCL).
· KPPCL plans to convert the existing power stations into separate SPV’s and using them as sureties to finance more energy projects.
· The KP government plans to develop 356 mini micro hydropower projects on Result Based Landing (RBL) technology projects on a fast track basis.
· The bank will also invest and finance the development of high capacity power projects in the province with the cooperation of Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organization (PEDO).
Oil & Gas
· Installation of five LNG terminals by December 2017 with the capacity to import 2.9 billion cubic feet LNG per day.
· OGDCL has found 35.8 Million Cubic Feet per day of gas from Thal East well 1 located in Sindh and 1,032 barrels per day crude oil from Nashpa-well 5 in KPK.
· 125 MMCFD of gas will be added to the national distribution system from Kunar Pasaki gas field and the field will also produce up to 380 tons of LPG per day.
· The LNG based gas is the only solution to overcome the country’s energy crisis according to Shahid Khaqan Abbassi.
· The government was investing $6 billion on gas pipelines and in this connection a delegation of the country would
visit Iran next month.
· The state-of-the-art oil terminals at Port Qasim have a capacity of over 130,000 metric tonnes and are connected with FOTCO, HSFO and HSD tanker discharge lines.
· ARL achieved another landmark by commissioning a 110kw on–grid Solar Power System at the Attock Group’s in-house facility in Morgah.
· It comprises of 440 panels of 250 watts each which is capable of producing more than 180,000 kWh per annum.
· The senate standing committee urged the authorities to shift Balochistan’s tube wells to solar energy.
· Local banks will start easy loan schemes to facilitate the farmers in running their tube wells on solar energy.
· The 200 MW Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park is being built at a very low tariff of 5.84 cents/kWh with First Solar modules by ACWA Power.
· The project is a landmark for the region and has ignited a lot of discussion around the cost competitiveness of utility-scale solar PV in the region.
Business & Others